Champlin’s Restaurant serves a broad selection of fresh seafood, straight off the commercial fishing trawlers, and off-shore and in-shore lobster boats.
Champlin’s Restaurant is located at the Narragansett harbor gateway connecting the commercial fishing community to the Atlantic Ocean’s fishing-grounds off of Southern New England. It is a wonderful place to order fresh seafood, deliciously cooked, and to relax, and enjoy the view.
Sit on the upstairs deck, relax and watch as Rhode Island fishing boats come in with their daily catch from the Atlantic Ocean. Enjoy a refreshing drink from our full service bar, or try one of the dishes listed in our menu.View Our Menu
Summer Hours: 11 am – 9 pm 7 days
The restaurant is closed for the winter season as of January 5th. We will reopen in April. Thanks to all for another great season!
Our customers also enjoy the unique casual, self-serve, and relaxed dining atmosphere at Champlin’s Restaurant, particularly for family dining. Diners order their selections at a food counter and then take their selections to tables of their own choice. When cooler temperatures arrive in New England, customers remain warm and cozy in our heated dining room and channel view lounge.
When making your selection, please keep in mind the following:
- We use only the finest of cholesterol-free oils for all our cooking. Each item is prepared fresh for you to enjoy.
- Most dinners, including the lobster dinner, are served with coleslaw and a choice of red or french fried potatoes.
- Exceptions: The seafood platter comes only with french fries and the clam bake come only with red potatoes.
- Please note that the twin lobster is not a dinner and is served only with drawn butter.
- Flounder or Yellow-Tail (flat fish) is used in our fish and chips.
- We use a dry batter for all of our fried foods.
- A la carte means that you only get the main item. For example, if you order fried clams a la carte, you will get only fried clams – no fries or cole slaw.
- Steamed clams and fried clams are full belly clams, soft shell clams.
- Cherrystones (little necks) are hard shell clams and are approximately the size of a half dollar.
- We have a full liquor license, and serve iced cold draft beer, your favorite colada, margarita, or cocktail.
- Remember to watch for our specials!