Champlin’s Seafood Deck is located at the entrance to Galilee Harbor, home of Rhode Island’s largest fishing fleet. Enjoy your favorite seafood dish on our spacious deck or in our channel view lounge and watch local fishermen unload their daily lobster and fish catch. Fresh dayboat scallops, world famous Pt. Judith squid, pristine Block Island swordfish…it all comes across our docks. Our unique position in the harbor means that we are proud to serve the finest seafood available in Rhode Island.
We’re pleased to now offer an impressive raw bar selection, including several varieties of local oysters, native hardshell clams, cooked jumbo shrimp and crab legs and more! While your meal is being prepared, visit the raw bar and our newly remodeled and extended cocktail bar, an area of the restaurant that offers an amazing panoramic view of a quintessential working New England fishing port. We make your favorite drinks just the way you like them, from Amanda’s fantastic Bloody Marys to frozen specialties like margaritas and mudslides. Our brand new, eight-tap draft system sports ice cold Narragansett Beer (a local old-school favorite) along with other satisfying selections.
Champlin’s Seafood Deck now hosts party functions! From bridal showers to sports banquets to business meetings, family reunions to wedding rehearsals to holiday gatherings, let us do the work for you! With our expanded kitchen, we can now offer you different specialty meal choices, along with our can’t-be-beat setting. Call and ask for our restaurant manager Amanda for details. *Sorry, we cannot book parties during the summer months
Please call (401) 783-3152 with any questions.
Our customers also enjoy the unique casual, self-serve, and relaxed dining atmosphere at Champlin’s Restaurant, particularly for family dining. Diners order their selections at a food counter and then take their selections to tables of their own choice. When cooler temperatures arrive in New England, customers remain warm and cozy in our heated dining room and channel view lounge.
When making your selection, please keep in mind the following:
- Our menu is provided for you in advance so that you may make your choice of meal before you reach our window, reducing your wait in line. Please take a menu home to call in a “To Go” order. SORRY, NO PHONE ORDERS ARE TAKEN DURING JUNE, JULY OR AUGUST.
- All orders are prepared fresh. Some orders will take longer to prepare than others, so please do not be offended if a higher number than yours is called first.
- We use only the finest of cholesterol-free and trans fat-free oils for all our cooking. Each item is prepared fresh for you to enjoy.
- Most dinners, including the lobster dinner, are served with coleslaw and a choice of red or french fried potatoes.
- Exceptions: The seafood platter comes only with french fries and the clam bake come only with red potatoes.
- Please note that the twin lobster is not a dinner and is served only with drawn butter.
- Flounder (flat fish) is used in our fish and chips. Our fish and chips are not wet and puffed battered, so what you see is all fish!
- We use a dry batter for all of our fried foods.
- “A la carte” means that you only get the main item. For example, if you order fried clams a la carte, you will get only fried clams – no fries or cole slaw.
- Steamed clams and fried clams are full belly clams, soft shell clams.
- Cherrystones (little necks) are hard shell clams and are approximately the size of a half dollar.
- We have a full liquor license, and serve iced cold draft beer, your favorite colada, margarita, or cocktail.
- Your order number can be heard anywhere on the upper level, inside or out.
- Shirts and shoes are required. In addition, no animals are allowed in the outside or inside dining areas except service or guide dogs.
- Remember to watch for our specials!
Rhode Island Liquor Law
Liquor cannot be brought into or taken from the premises. You must be 21 years of age and show proper identification upon request.